SUMMARY: Budgeting, forecasting, and reporting of all financial activities of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the financial planning and management to optimize sustained business growth in revenue and profit.
- Works under broad corporate reporting guidelines to develop, analyze, prepare, interpret, and communicate financial and key operating information in order to appraise financial results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and prior year and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the business unit.
- Prepares and provides oversight for business unit operating budgets and profit and loss (P&L) statements.
- Works to determine best practices and high priority improvements for company financial processes.
- Directs and coordinates activities of department or division for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Performs a comprehensive competitive analysis, including financial metrics and differentiation.
- Monitors analyst reports and summarizes them for senior management.
- Serves as the key point of contact for the investment community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises employees within the Administration department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; at least 10-15 years of corporate finance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A proven track record of success that includes administrative management, facilities, creative problem-solving and business partner experience is desired.
- Requires critical thinking skills, communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and flexible and enjoy working with a variety of staff.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision; able to manage multiple projects.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Donnellon McCarthy Enterprises is proud to offer its Advantage Compensation Package:
- Base + Commission
- Major Medical & Dental/Vision/Life/AD & D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account
- 401(k) – w/Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- State of the art technology & resources
- Holiday and paid time off schedule
- Team Environment – One Team – One Vision – One Goal