This position involves providing direct/indirect support for several customers’ IT infrastructures and IT Business needs. Support can involve customer environments ranging from server less networks to global environments with thousands of systems. The Managed IT Specialist will work directly with new and existing Managed Services customers. This individual will understand our client’s business and apply technical concepts to help them achieve their goals. Specialist will participate in the development of technical strategies, architectures, and delivery processes for new services. Will often be the primary representative of the Managed Services Team for our customers, requiring expertise in multiple managed service offerings, and an understanding of the broader business structure to effectively engage resources from outside the Managed Services Team. Candidates for this role must have exceptional customer service and time management skills in addition to technical experience managing an IT infrastructure environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Administer and oversee new client on-boarding for managed services
- Assess and respond to incoming escalations from managed service providers
- Directly responsible for the quality and real-time monitoring of client servers
- Provide customer service to managed services clients while scheduling and conducting deployment of consultants to those sites, if required, within the scope of the SLAs
- Participate in after-hours support of processes, if an escalation occurs after hours for direct managed services clients.
- Work directly with clients and account managers to plan/setup/test/maintain Managed Services
- Follow procedural guidelines to engage other teams within the organization
- Maintain records to support customer environments and run performance tests
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE Required
- Broad understanding ranging from Small Business to Enterprise Level IT infrastructures and business concepts
- Strong troubleshooting skills in heterogeneous environments.
- Strong process automation skills
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to identify repeatable processes that should be documented for future use by other team members or managed service providers
- Ability to work through after hours change windows as necessary
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- AS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of experience in a Systems/Support Engineering role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Also considered are A+, CompTIA, or equivalent certifications with an understanding in general IT Infrastructure Topologies
- Ability to consistently and professionally represent the company
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel locally and regionally
- Exposure to RMM (Remote Management/Monitoring) platforms or similar managed services systems experience
- Experience working with multiple vendors
- Experience selecting, designing and implementing systems for monitoring, configuration management and service desk management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly encouraged to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to sit. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Typically, this includes a climate-controlled, low to moderate noise environment.